Here at SKHOOP we stand behind our products and thus we offer a practical product lifetime warranty to the original owner of the garment.
Defects in materials and workmanship will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of the SKHOOP team for the practical lifetime of the product. This does not mean that your SKHOOP garment will last indefinitely, unfortunately materials will breakdown and fade over time. If your garment shows signs of age, such as thin or frayed material, then we will take that into consideration when assessing your warranty request. Properly caring for your SKHOOP garment will increase its lifetime and we recommend you take a look at our Product Care page for more information. Please contact us prior to altering any garment as alterations automatically void the warranty.
Examples of Manufacturing Defects That Will Be Covered:
- Straight edge tear along a seam
- Stitching defect that inhibits your ability to use the garment
Examples of Wear and Tear that Will Not Be Covered:
- Material wearing over time or from improper washing
- Rips and tears
- Damage caused by improper use of the garment --> this includes wearing the wrong size as well as not using the two-way zipper (we use them for a reason- unzip your long vests from the bottom to prevent added stress when walking or sitting!)
If you believe you have a garment that is likely to be covered under our warranty policy, here are your next steps:
1) Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, please include the following:
- Your name (first and last)
- When and where* the garment was purchased
- The name and size of the garment you are claiming as a warranty
- A picture and description of the defect
2) Wash your garment. By law, all garments sent in for warranty must be clean. Any unwashed garment will be returned to you to be cleaned.
3) Once you hear back from us, please mail your garment to the address we give you. We ask that you cover the cost of shipping warranties to SKHOOP and we will cover the cost of shipping your garment back. Please note that we are not responsible for your garment until we have signed it into our warehouse- any losses or damages that occur en route to SKHOOP fall on you. With that being said, packages do occasionally go missing and we recommend that you ship your warranty using a carrier that provides tracking information.
4) Our team will evaluate your garment once it is received. It will be up to our discretion if your garment is to be replaced/repaired under our warranty policy. If the garment being warrantied is no longer available, you will be issued a gift card that can be used on our website for the amount of the original purchase.
5) Note that turnaround time for a standard warranty claim is 4-6 weeks. Sometimes it may be quicker turnaround but during our peak winter season claims could take up to 8 weeks.
*If you did not buy your garment through SKHOOP directly you must contact the store/website from which you made your purchase.